Our world has gotten friendlier over the past few years, and in general we approve! But what if you're put off by this new world of pet-friendliness? While pets have sashayed right into real life as dining partners, workout partners, and (dare we say it?) office helpers, it seems that there isn't a place today for people who aren't pet-lovers themselves. If this sounds like you, and you would like your home to be a vacation from other people's pets, then perhaps you should check out some of downtown's pet-free buildings. Let's have a look!
*The price range noted below reflects closed sales in the past year.
This Palm Avenue gem is known for its friendly community has fantastic city and water views, and the great location right across from Bayfront Park.
- Price Range: $300,000 to $700,000
- Year Built: 1972
- Building Amenities: Fitness room, community pool, building library, community room, manned security inside building
- # of Floors: 11
- Perks & Plusses: Super-spacious floor plans. Spectacularly green city views over Burns Court to one side and expansive sparkling water views from the other. Walkable to everything downtown.
Condo on the Bay - Building 888
Condo on the Bay was the first of its kind: a high-rise nestled against the waterfront offering totally unobstructed views of the Bay, the Gulf beyond, the barrier keys as well as downtown Sarasota. Composed of two buildings, only one is pet-free.
- Price Range: $500,000 to $1.2 million
- Year Built: 1982
- Building Amenities: community pool, manned security & gated entry, tennis courts, fitness center w/sauna, boat docks
- # of Floors: 18
- Perks & Plusses: One of only a few downtown condo buildings that has boat dockage.
- Price Range: $400,000 to $850,000
- Year Built: 1974
- Building Amenities: Pool, fitness/community room, tennis courts, secure building, on-site management
- # of Floors: 18
- Perks & Plusses: Walking distance to new hot-spot Westin & classy favorite the Ritz's Jack Dusty. The higher levels can see everything: the bay, the marina, Golden Gate Point, all the keys, and even out to the Gulf of Mexico
This building isn't 100% pet-free, as owners (not tenants) are allowed one cat per residence. However, these seen-and-not-heard animals might be tolerable thanks to the spanning views of Sarasota Bay, the Marina, and Golden Gate Point available in Embassy House!
- Price Range: $500,000 to $1.1 million
- Year Built: 1975
- Building Amenities: Community pool, 24-hr security, fitness center
- # of Floors: 19
- Perks & Plusses: Full walls of windows frame the views for days that you get here. Walkable to everything downtown.
Whatever lifestyle you're searching for downtown, we can help you find it. Pet-full or pet-free, walkable or boatable, there is a place for you in Sarasota! If we can be of assistance in your search for the perfect home or condo in Sarasota, please give us a call today.